Tuesday 17 May 2011

Hair Show

Yesterday, I spent the day having my hair titivated by hairdresser Kirsty Parkes of Gerard Hairdressing, Grantham. As part of her NVQ Level 3, she had to prepare at least two different hair styles on two models, which were to be scored by a panel of four objective judges. The theme was "At the Movies", and her chosen movie was Pearl Harbour, so she went for a "vintage style, with a contemporary twist"...Right up my street. As well as a participating model, I was also stylist for the day.

Well done on 3rd place Kirsty :)

Karolina Wojnowska, also of Gerard Hairdressing, Grantham, took part in the competition too. I've included some photos of her models as well. She went for a high energy, cheerleader performance. They were epic, and their hair looked great too. She should have been in the top 3 in my opinion!