Wednesday 29 June 2011

Visual Merchandising (New Job!)

I thought it was about time I posted some images of my visual merchandising at my new job! So here it is, in bulk!

I'm absolutely loving my new job! It's pure go go go! and that is what I crave for in a job. My first piece of display involved selecting and promoting a range of picnicware, in three small plinths. I chose these products, as they're bright, eye-catching and fun.



Then came my first mannequins. These three stand at the front entrance, so there was quite a bit of pressure to get them looking hot. I selected three complimentary garments from the young fashion department to hopefully drawn people upstairs to come shop!



Beachwear for babies and kiddies was my next task. I loved doing this, because the kids things are sooo cute!



This is where it began to get a little more challenging...five mannequins in young fashion. It's always going to be more of a challenge to get five outfits that sit well together, especially with limited choice, as a lot of things were about to go into sale. I think these work really well together though. The navy blue dress and shorts contrast perfectly with the pale florals. Very girlband.



Finally, (for now) I dressed these chaps. I never dressed a male mannequin before, so that was fun. I tried to go for three different looks to appeal to different kind of men.



So, you can see why I love my job! :D At the moment, I've been busy in men's fashion - painting, building, merchandising. Expect something exciting soon!