Thursday 16 September 2010

Florence

Our place in Florence was right in the heart of the centre - just a stones throw from the Statue of David. We even got a balcony. Pure luxury! This meant we could hit the city by night, something we couldn't do in Rome. and how stunning does the epic architecture of Florence look at night....


Florence boasts of tons of top end stores and lavish jewellery quarters, especially along the Ponche Vecchio.



So many vintage bikes.

I've been absolutely attacked by mozzies. They love me. I hate them. Look how swallen my right ankle is!


Beautiful view of Florence...


Left my mark in this fountain...


Possibly the BEST pain au chocolat that has ever crossed my lips!


and most definitely the BEST icecream that I've ever tasted. Pisaccio, nutella and coffee. MMM!


Look at these yummies.