Monday 25 October 2010

Paris

My favourite part of Paris was the Pompidou Centre - an epic building, with strange tunnel tubes which lead you from floor to floor - not too dissimilar to a hamster cage. Inside the main lobby was an arty shop, selling contemporary furnishings and such. I was gobsmacked when I came across this lamp (pictured below left), as it was so similar to my second year project that I made in 2008 (pictured below right).


I love these...I want to make some!


Inside the gallery section, there was an exhibition of female artists' work. I love this kind of shit. Here are a few of my favourites...

Niki de Saint Phalle



Annette Messager




Yayoi Kusama


and my one inspiration...Rachel Whiteread
Possibly the best exhibitions I've seen to date. Work by Eva Hesse and Louise Bourgeois was also on show. So epic.

Here's a unique way to advertise...


Louvre


Eiffel Tower