Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tie Dye Crazy

Lately, I have begun an absolutely mental obsession with tie dying everything! It all began with helping Thomas Key tie dye a bunch of tote bags ready to be screen printed over the top with some of his awesome illustrations.

I should have taken some "before" pictures, but I forgot, so I will just have to paint a picture for you instead...the tee below began life as plain old boring white before I scrunched it, tied it up and then soaked it in cold water dye. Four hours, a good rinse and hang dry later, this was the outcome! Awesome.




This tee was made in a different way. He came into the world in the form of a navy blue top before I reversed dyed it. This is a similar process to tie dying, except you use bleach instead of dye. I then proceeded to cut into it to make the tassels and WAH LA - an epic and totally individual top!




If you love this, and want one, give me a holler and I will sort one out for you with the exchange of a few coins :)

email: leanne_d44@hotmail.com
title message: "Tie Dye Top"

x